Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dance in the Rain

Sort of funny but its raining as I write this and I always felt this way until about 10 years ago and that's when I let the storm get the best of me instead of dancing in the rain. I don't think its got to do with age,race,religion,money,or anything else really I believe we all can make choices in life and are ultimately are responsible for where we end up but I also believe that the beautiful thing about life is we can change at any moment. Some changes may be drastic,some may be boring some may be crazy or insane, some may be smart. The beautiful thing is we make the choice and if we don't like it- fine make the choice to change it. We may be influenced to make certain changes but ultimately it is our choice.
It is your decisions and not your conditions that determine your destiny. The power of decision is what ultimately shapes your experience of life. It is not what you know or even who you know it is what you commit to.
Many people feel that if you want to change your life for the better that this can be a long and drawn out process. We think I'll have to change this and change that.In reality though habits can be changed immediately and permanently or until you make the choice to change again in a year, a decade or a week or the very next day.
"Things do not change,we change"--Henry David Thoreau
If I look at what I really want in life and what has prevented or stopped me from achieving this I will get what I want the most. If I keep concentrating what I don't want, that's all I will keep getting.
Now with me when I focused on being an entertainer that's what I became and when I wanted to excell in that business, I focused on what would make me excell. If I concentrated on the things that wouldn't get me there, well I guess I'd be hosting karaoke in some bowling alley somewhere.
So back to ten years ago I made the choice to pick up a chemical to mask  some type of pain I was experiencing. It might be something that affected me ten,twenty,even thirty years ago who really knows but when I decided to focus on that instead of what I really wanted I just continued to use more chemicals. Eventually causeing my life to be-come completely  off the hook and unmanageable.Drugs are just a symptom of my disease which have now become apart of my addiction and i now know if i pick up again that chaos and complete unmanageability begins or I'll just die. What do i really need to do is I need to figure out what caused me that pain and begin focusing on what I really want. Its not gonna happen overnight I didn't become an entertainer overnight and hell I didn't become an addict overnight main thing is I just can't pick up and I need to learn to dance in the rain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment