Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Judging Amy,Judy,Alex,Mathias

Wow I really wanted to talk about Judging and I'm talking about the way we judge ourselves and how we judge others. For some of us this process is non stop all the time either ourselves or others.
What I thought would be something quick and easy to write down, has Not and I will repeat Not been an easy task. This subject, I found even for myself,a very sensitive subject. Bringing up the subject in my mind brought up many many hurdles I have had to clear through out my life and even continue to have hurdles I must clear.
Then came the thoughts of how I judge not only people but places and things everyday.
People judge us everyday throughout lives They judged us in the past and they will Judge us in the future.Now the question comes to mind of how has people's judging of me affected my life? Did I use it to clear those hurdles of life or did I let it stop me or keep me down?
The last question I ask myself is How do I let people's judging of me affect me right now?

Now pack your bags and let's go to the other side of the spectrum---The judging that we do everyday and yes I said everyday we do upon others. We judge everybody. Our parents,family members,people close to us, our wives,husbands,kids,cousins,girlfriend,boyfriend,co-worker, church members,neighbors OK I'm sure you get the picture.
I do believe that we are hard wired to judge ourselves and others. What I mean by that is I believe our brains teach us to judge not only ourselves but others. Most likely we would be dead if we didn't judge or actually we wouldn't live very long. Most of the judging we do, I think I'm safe to say we don't even know we are doing it and we have been doing it all of our lives. Is that safe or dangerous? Do I want to keep moving to that or should I turn around and run like hell. Is this situation I'm in right now a good one or a bad one?
As an addict when I was in active addiction my judging was in overdrive in order to get what I wanted. I judged in order to get what I wanted right now or at least the quickest way possible. I am sure I influenced how people judged others in order to get what I want.
I am sure people's judging of me did stop me or keep me down at different points in my life but I also know that people's judging pushed me ahead and accomplish things in life they will never accomplish or do. 
I am never ever going to be able to stop people from judging me.Some people  will always have something to say one way or another. What I can do to stop the affects of how of people judge me? The answer is nothing all I can do is love myself and the more I love myself the less judgements will have any affect on me.
So what do I do about judging others? Well after many many hours of ramming my head against the wall for a long complicated answer. I finally got it and what will work for me and actually, its very simple. Instead of judging people I need to judge the situations and the actions again not the person. Am I perfect and will never judge another soul for as long as I shall live? No, not a chance,like I said we are hardwired to judge its just how we tangle up those wires. 
OK I'm gonna end here cause writing this just wiped me out "hey, I am not a wouss"

No comments:

Post a Comment